The Big Question: Do replacement windows really pay for themselves?
An interview with Zen Windows - Columbus, Ohio Replacement Window Company: There are many reasons to do replacement windows here in Columbus. Some of them include: increasing the value of your home; facilitating the sale of your home; improving the aesthetic appeal of your home; providing a maintenance-free environment; and, enabling you to keep your windows clean. However, excepting the goal of gaining market advantage in the sale of your home, these reasons pretty much boil down to luxuries.
Replacement windows, believe it or not, are more of a necessity than a luxury. Let's look at a standard vinyl replacement window with a simple glass package of LOe and argon in the Columbus, Ohio, central Ohio climate. Installed properly, this type of replacement window should cut your energy bills by at least 25% - and I am being conservative. Therefore, to simplify this explanation, let's say your energy bills are $100 per month. By saving 25% of that $100, you will be saving $300 dollars off your energy bills on an annual basis without the consideration of inflation. Without inflation in a 10-year period by replacing your windows, you would have saved $3,000 on your energy bills in addition to all of the luxurious benefits mentioned earlier. In a worst-case scenario 10 years from now, you could have either paid your utility company $3000 extra or you could have brand new windows in your home. On many occasions, windows pay for themselves within 3 to 5 years. This means, in 5 years from now, you can either have the same antiquated, poor performing replacement windows you currently have after paying your utility company anywhere north of $3000, OR you can be enjoying the benefits of brand new vinyl replacement windows and have broken even.
Now here is where it gets fun. Your energy efficient replacement window now becomes an life-time employee of your home. However, this employee does not cost you any additional money; this employee actually saves you money. As dedicated workers, every hour of the day, and every day of the week, your replacement windows go to work protecting, sealing, shielding your home and family by covering the largest openings in the exterior of your home. You have already paid a salary in full, and every moment of every day are saving you money and making your home, your largest investment, not only look beautiful and functional, but also make a positive impact on your wallet. This is why, regardless of the climate of the economy, your constant friend and asset is your brand new vinyl replacement window.
- Is there still an Energy Efficiency Tax Credit in 2011?
- What makes replacement windows energy efficient?
- Can replacement windows and doors be installed in the Winter?
- Are your windows giving you the cold shoulder?
- What are the replacement windows and doors benefits with the 12 Months Same as Cash program?
- How can new windows help you sell your home?
- Why do Window Bids Differ So Much?
- Why do other home improvement companies require a down payment?
- Replacement Windows; A Typical Interview
- Should I invest $200, $600 or $1500 in a new window?
- What's a good warranty on new windows?
- Do replacement windows really pay for themselves?
- Why Choose a Vinyl Replacement Window?
- Why should you replace your entry door when you replace your windows?
- What are the benefits of home replacement windows?
- How Important is the Window Installer?